This recipe is a great light, flavorful soup. It works equally well with chicken or turkey. For those of you who like a kick to your soup- this one pairs well with hot sauce or sriracha sauce.
Turkey Basil Florentine Soup
- 3 qrts broth- turkey or chicken prefered
- 3 cups cooked, chopped turkey or chicken
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 lb cauliflower “riced”
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10-12 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cream
- 1 bunch basil – chiffonade (about 1/2 loose cup)
- Melt butter in a medium saute pan. Saute onion until tender. Sprinkle with a little salt to help it cook better.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender.
- To soup pot, add broth, mushroom/onion mixture and chicken. Add cauliflower (riced).
- Once cauliflower is tender (about 5-10 minutes), add spinach and turkey/chicken.
- Combine glucomannan and 1/2 cup of cool water in a separate container. Stir well to dissolve. Slowly pour into the soup, stirring well. Add cream and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add basil and serve.